Saturday, December 20, 2014

Keeping it Going During the Holidays

Hello fellow Homo Sapiens,


This is probably the third week out of the last four where I haven't met my goal of posting twice a week.  I am disappointed in myself and need to do better. 


At the same time, I have picked up my Chinese study slightly and I have an idea for how to keep up with my Chinese when I move on to my fitness challenge in February.  Come Feb. 7, 2015 I am going to set Anki at five new words a day and continue to do that aspect of my Chinese learning every day.  I figure that within a week or so, I will be under ten minutes a day.  I will continue to adjust my word count until I am consistently doing between five and ten minutes a day.  I assume I will drop some from my level of Chinese at the end of this project because I am going from studying over an hour a night to less than ten minutes a night.  It will, however, act as a prophylactic against losing all of the language I've learned and re-learned over the course of the project.


For the past week, I have continued to be good with doing my Anki deck every night.  I have also kept up with listening to one of the CCTV lessons.  I have not used Chinese Skill as much as I would have liked because it is getting more buggy as it gets closer to the end.  The longer sentences of the later lessons make it more difficult to accurately translate according to the app and I have died several times based on the English wording I have used. 


Of course, the challenge lies in, as the title suggests, keeping it going during the holidays.  I'll be away from home most of the next week, so I will let you know how the studying goes. 
Onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment