Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Trouble with Life


I have been studying Chinese every day for more than a month, without exception (I started refreshing my Chinese before I started this project).  The past two days have been the closest I have come to skipping a day all together.  I also intended to write one of my blog posts yesterday, but was simply too tired.  Although the week was busy both at work and at home, it is not so out of the ordinary that I can stop my efforts and still be successful in my project.

I managed to listen to Travel in Chinese, complete a lesson in Chinese Skill, and complete my daily set of flashcards using Anki on Monday.  Yesterday, I started my Anki flashcards, but did not finish them.  I was too tired to usefully study by the time I got started.  Lesson has somewhat been learned.  In a week like this one, I need to put in a little extra effort just to keep the streak going. 

I need to record my spoken Chinese later this week.  I wrote a portion of script with a small help from Google Translator.  Writing the script was humbling.  I ran into more trouble getting what I considered relatively simple ideas across.  Hopefully, by the end of the project I will be significantly better in getting a wider range of ideas across. 

Benny Lewis of Fluent in Three Months is working on refreshing his Chinese right now.  I have been looking to his blog more as our current language learning goals are overlapping.   He uses Skype to assist with his language learning.  I plan on looking into using Skype to practice my spoken language over the next week or two.  That’s all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment